Monday, October 25, 2004

Yowza! Times have changed

In the two weeks since I have been here, ACT Miami has transformed itself into a huge GOTV machine. Before we were going in 2s and 3s to canvass neigborhoods and now - hundreds of people every day. Holy Mackeral.

We are trying to get people to vote early. Our group knocked on 600 doors today - not enough. We got to do better. I am pretty strict as a group leader, but people seem to respond to it. Everybody worked hard except for the group that went the wrong way and didn't seem to care.

GOTV is just grind out the numbers stuff. IF enthusiasm counted, we would win. But it's just grind, grind, grind.

The office is splitting into 4 on Wed or Thursday to cover the entire county. It's all about getting out the vote in Fla. I refuse to listen to the news or read the paper. I just have control of my little piece of turf, and that's what I want to concentrate on. That way, I feel like I did everything I could. I hope it's true.

I still feel like it will break our way. I do know the redsox won the second game. Anne Hackett, are you listening?

No comments: